Welcome to M. P. Metal Products, Inc.
Why Roll Form?
What exactly is Roll Forming? Find out the basics...watch this short instructional video produced by Dalarna University
Roll forming is a continuous metal forming process that transforms sheet, strip or coiled metal into shapes with a consistent
cross section. The stock is fed through successive pairs of rolls, which progressively shape the metal until the desired cross
section is produced. Only progressive forming (bending) takes place; the metal thickness is not changed except for a slight
thinning at the bend radii.
What are the benefits of Roll Forming?
- An efficient and economical metal working process to form sheet or coil stock.
- Roll forming is a cold forming process.
- Slots, holes, miters embossing, etc can sometimes be included to eliminate costly, extra, secondary operations.
- Consistent shapes and uniform cross sections.
- Finished parts may be produced in one operation.
- Economical unit costs.
- Combine 2 materials in a single process, i.e. incorporate vinyl weather stripping into metal carrier.
- An ideal process for adding caulking beads, adjusting symmetrical widths, combining shapes, etc.
Why Custom Roll Forming?
- Enjoy technical proficiency in tooling/product design, packaging, and production.
- Have no investment in capital equipment.
- Gain the flexibility and versatility of numerous lines.
- Avoid the need to purchase and inventory raw materials.
- Have access to a wide range of related equipment and processing capabilities.
- Save overhead costs and plant space.
- Avoid costly equipment downtime between jobs.
- Eliminate the need to locate, hire, train and retain qualified personnel.
Custom profiles and
common shapes are roll
formed in gauges from
.005 to .165 and widths
up to 48".
Economical quantities are
typically 5,000 ft for
existing profiles and
30,000 ft for new
M.P. Metal Products has
been dedicated to Roll
Forming metal shapes
Design assistance is
M.P. Metal Products Inc.
W1250 Elmwood Avenue
Ixonia, WI 53036